MAP POISED TO HARNESS PHENOMENAL GROWTH AND AWESOME SPENDING POWER OF GROWING MIDDLE CLASS
Jakarta, 6th June 2012
2011 was a strong year for Indonesia’s leading lifestyle retailer, PT Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk (MAP Group). The Company recently announced a 79% increase in net profit to Rp 360 billion for full year 2011. Its share price jumped by 92.5% YOY by end 2011 (compared to 2010).
According to Bloomberg, MAP was the “BEST RETAIL PERFORMER STOCK IN THE WORLD” with 641% increase from July 2010 to July 2011. On 8th May 2012, MAP’s share price hit an all-time high of Rp 7,550 and closed at Rp 7,400. Market capitalization of the Company has since crossed the USD 1.25 billion mark.
Last year, MAP opened 190 new stores (net) – bringing its grand total to 1,108 stores currently. The Group has further enhanced its market leadership position with the launch of 3 new fashion brands in 2012: Spanx, DKNY and Hoss Intropia
In recognition of its solid all-round performance, MAP was named in Forbes Indonesia’s A-List of “TOP 40 FIRMS 2011” and Fortune Indonesia’s list of “BEST ADMIRED COMPANIES 2012”.
Looking ahead, MAP is cautiously optimistic about the future. But the company is buoyant about its winning business model. “No company in this world has a brand portfolio quite like MAP’s,” said Fetty Kwartati, Corporate Secretary of MAP. “We manage over 100 of the world’s best brands covering department stores, fashion, sports, leisure, kids, food & beverage and lifestyle products. MAP touches the lives of middle class Indonesians 24 X 7 and our products are well appreciated by the consumers,” Fetty said.
“Indonesia is surging ahead on a wave of spending by the middle class. With our amazing portfolio of over 100 world class brands, MAP is poised to harness aggresive growth and awesome spending power of this growing middle class,” she added.
About PT Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk
As per May 2012, MAP operates 1,108 retail outlets in 39 major cities of Indonesia. Major retail concepts under the group include:
- Sogo, Debenhams, and Seibu.
- Zara, Marks & Spencer, Topman, Topshop, Next, Kipling, Lacoste, Nautica, Massimo Dutti, Pull&Bear, Dorothy Perkins, Miss Selfridge, Nine West, Stradivarius, Bershka, Samsonite, Linea, Steve Madden, Swatch, Loewe, BCBGMaxazria, MaxMara, Max&Co, Travelogue, Tumi, Sole Effect, Warehouse, H.E. by Mango, New Look, Staccato, Diva, and DKNY.
- Converse, Golf House, Payless ShoeSource, Planet Sports, Reebok, Rockport, Skechers, Sports Station, The Athlete’s Foot and The Sports Warehouse.
- Starbucks, Burger King, Domino’s Pizza, Pizza Marzano, Krispy Kreme, Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream, and Chatterbox.
- Kidz Station, Oshkosh B’Gosh and Barbie Boutique.
- Kinokuniya and Alun Alun.
Apart from retailing, the group is also the leading distributor of over 90 international brands including Reebok, Speedo, Converse, Diadora, Lotto, Airwalk, Superman, Batman, OshKosh B’Gosh and Thomas & Friends, and many more. For more information about MAP please visit www.map-indonesia.com
For further information, please contact:
PT Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk
Wisma 46, 8th fl. – Kota BNI
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 1
Phone : 021 575 0755 (direct)
Fax : 021 574 5753
Email : email@example.com