MAP ANNOUNCES 30% JUMP IN NET REVENUE FOR FIRST HALF 2012
Jakarta, 17th September 2012 – Indonesia’s leading lifestyle retailer PT Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk (MAP) today announced its financial results for first half 2012. Net revenue of the company surged 30% to Rp 3.46 trillion and operating profit also increased 30% to Rp 308 billion.
Commenting on the first half 2012 results, Corporate Secretary of MAP, Fetty Kwartati said, “Our solid results confirm the strong dynamics of MAP as we continue to strengthen and enhance our leadership position. As at end August 2012, MAP has 1209 stores with total retail footage of 514,561 sqm. We have added new brands to our portfolio – the latest ones being Desigual and Crabtree & Evelyn. During the first half of 2012, we have also strengthened our internal team – including IT, Human Capital, Logistics and Supply Chain to support our expansion plan for 2012 onward.”
As part of its growth strategy, MAP has opened 28 new stores in Kota Kasablanka – making it the anchor tenant in this new mall located near the “Orchard Road of Jakarta” (between Jalan Casablanca and Jalan Prof. Dr. Satrio).
MAP also plans to issue new bond amounting to Rp 500 billion which will be utilized to refinance its current bonds and working capital requirement. The new bond is expected to be issued in December 2012.
About PT Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk
As per August 2012, MAP operates 1.209 retail outlets in 42 cities of Indonesia. Major retail concepts under the group include:
- Sogo, Debenhams, and Seibu.
- Zara, Marks & Spencer, Topman, Topshop, Next, Kipling, Lacoste, Nautica, Massimo Dutti, Pull&Bear, Dorothy Perkins, Miss Selfridge, Nine West, Stradivarius, Bershka, Samsonite, Linea, Steve Madden, Swatch, Loewe, BCBGMaxazria, MaxMara, Max&Co, Travelogue, Tumi, Sole Effect, Warehouse, H.E. by Mango, New Look, Staccato, Diva, Crabtree & Evelyn and DKNY.
- Converse, Golf House, Payless ShoeSource, Planet Sports, Reebok, Rockport, Skechers, Sports Station, The Athlete’s Foot and The Sports Warehouse.
- Starbucks, Burger King, Domino’s Pizza, Pizza Marzano, Krispy Kreme, Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream, and Chatterbox.
- Barbie Boutique, Kidz Station, Oshkosh B’Gosh and Barbie Boutique.
- Kinokuniya and Alun Alun.
Apart from retailing, the group is also the leading distributor of over 90 international brands including Airwalk, Batman, Converse, Diadora, Lotto, Reebok, Speedo, Superman, Thomas & Friends, and many more. For more information about MAP please visit www.map-indonesia.com
For further information, please contact:
PT Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk
Wisma 46, 8th fl. – Kota BNI
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 1
Phone : 021 575 0755 (direct)
Fax : 021 574 5753
Email : email@example.com