MAP ANNOUNCES 29% SURGE IN NET REVENUE FOR FIRST QUARTER 2013
Jakarta, 30st April 2013 – Indonesia’s leading lifestyle retailer PT Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk (MAP) today announced its financial result for first quarter ended 31st March 2013. Net revenue of the Company surged 29% to a record Rp 2.117 billion – up from the Rp 1.639 billion achieved in the first quarter of 2012. Operating profit grew from Rp 113 billion to Rp 123 billion while net profit was Rp 63 billion — an increase of about 9% over the Rp 58 billion achieved in 2012.
Commenting on the result, Corporate Secretary of MAP, Fetty Kwartati said, “Our solid revenue growth clearly demonstrates the strength of our unique brand portfolio. Indonesia is now surging ahead on a wave of spending by an affluent middle class and MAP is strongly positioned to harness this awesome spending power. Strong domestic consumption has been the driver of the Indonesian Economy and we expect this trend to continue. Going forward, considering increase in operating costs, we are cautious about our business prospect in 2013.”
For the first quarter of 2013, MAP opened a net total of 57 stores – bringing its grand total to 1,440 stores in 52 cities by 31st March 2013. New concepts (brands) launched in the first quarter include Godiva (premium chocolates from Belgium) and Suite Blanco (renowned fashion brand from Spain). As part of its aggressive growth strategy, MAP plans to open an estimated 350 new stores in 2013.
About PT Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk
As per March 2013, MAP operates 1,440 retail outlets in 52 cities of Indonesia. Major retail concepts under the group include:
- Sogo, Debenhams, and Seibu.
- Zara, Marks & Spencer, Topman, Topshop, Next, Kipling, Lacoste, Nautica, Massimo Dutti, Pull&Bear, Dorothy Perkins, Miss Selfridge, Nine West, Stradivarius, Bershka, Samsonite, Linea, Steve Madden, Swatch, Loewe, BCBGMaxazria, MaxMara, Max&Co, Travelogue, Tumi, Sole Effect, Warehouse, H.E. by Mango, New Look, Staccato, Diva, DKNY, Crabtree & Evelyn, Desigual, Brook Brothers, Penshoppe and Suite Blanco.
- Converse, Golf House, Payless ShoeSource, Planet Sports, Reebok, Rockport, Skechers, Sports Station, The Athlete’s Foot and The Sports Warehouse.
- Starbucks, Burger King, Domino’s Pizza, Pizza Marzano, Krispy Kreme, Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream, and Chatterbox.
- Kidz Station, Oshkosh B’Gosh and Barbie Boutique.
- Kinokuniya and Alun Alun.
Apart from retailing, the group is also the leading distributor of over 110 international brands including Airwalk, Batman, Converse, Diadora, Lotto, Reebok, Speedo, Superman, Thomas & Friends, and many more. For more information about MAP please visit www.map-indonesia.com
For more information, please contact:
PT Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk
Wisma 46, 8th fl. – Kota BNI
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 1
Phone : 021 575 0755 (direct)
Fax : 021 574 0150
Email : email@example.com