MAP ANNOUNCES 27% JUMP IN NET REVENUE FOR FIRST HALF 2013
Jakarta, 25th July 2013 – Indonesia’s leading lifestyle retailer PT Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk (MAP) today announced its financial results for first half 2013. Net revenue of the company surged 27% from Rp 3.46 trillion to Rp 4.38 trillion while operating profit was Rp 314 billion for the first six months of 2013.
Commenting on the first half 2013 results, Fetty Kwartati, Corporate Secretary of MAP said, “In spite of global economic uncertainties and challenging operating environment including massive floods in January, we are pleased to deliver strong net revenue growth. Although there are short term pressures on margins, we remain highly focused on our strategy of driving top line growth to increase market share, and investing in key initiatives to enhance our long term competitiveness. With our strong brand portfolio, management capabilities and strategic priorities, MAP is well positioned for the future.”
A multi-award winning company, MAP did Indonesia proud when it was one of 5 companies nominated for the prestigious World Retail Awards 2013 recently (category of “Emerging Market Retailer of the Year”). Judged by some of the world’s most respected retailers and industry experts, this award recognizes entrepreneurship, innovation, originality and financial success of the best retail companies in emerging markets.
As at 30th June 2013, MAP has a total of 1,588 outlets in 56 major Indonesian cities. New retail concepts launched in the first half of 2013 include: Cotton On, Thomas Pink, Suite Blanco, Swarovski, Godiva and French retail icon, Galeries Lafayette.
About PT Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk
As at 30th June 2013, MAP operates 1,588 retail outlets in 56 cities of Indonesia. Major retail concepts under the group include:
- Sogo, Debenhams, Seibu and Galeries Lafayette .
- Zara, Marks & Spencer, Topman, Topshop, Next, Kipling, Lacoste, Nautica, Massimo Dutti, Pull&Bear, Dorothy Perkins, Miss Selfridge, Nine West, Stradivarius, Bershka, Samsonite, Linea, Steve Madden, Swatch, Loewe, BCBGMaxazria, MaxMara, Max&Co, Travelogue, Tumi, Sole Effect, Warehouse, H.E. by Mango, New Look, Staccato, Diva, DKNY, Crabtree & Evelyn, Desigual, Brook Brothers, Penshoppe and Suite Blanco.
- Converse, Golf House, Payless ShoeSource, Planet Sports, Reebok, Rockport, Skechers, Sports Station, The Athlete’s Foot and The Sports Warehouse.
- Starbucks, Burger King, Domino’s Pizza, Pizza Marzano, Krispy Kreme, Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream, and Chatterbox.
- Kidz Station, Oshkosh B’Gosh, Stride Rite and Barbie Boutique.
- Kinokuniya and Alun Alun.
Apart from retailing, the group is also the leading distributor of over 120 international brands including Airwalk, Batman, Converse, Diadora, Lotto, Reebok, Speedo, Superman, Thomas & Friends, and many more. For more information about MAP please visit www.map-indonesia.com
For more information, please contact:
PT Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk
Wisma 46, 8th fl. – Kota BNI
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 1
Phone : 021 575 0755 (direct)
Fax : 021 574 0150
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org