MAP ANNOUNCES 11% SURGE IN NET REVENUE FOR FIRST QUARTER 2015
Jakarta, 30th April 2015 – Indonesia’s leading lifestyle retailer, PT Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk (MAP) today announced its financial result for first quarter of 2015. Net revenue jumped 11% to a record Rp 2,965 billion – up from the Rp 2,675 achieved in the first quarter of 2014. Gross profit grew 8% from Rp 1,245 billion to Rp 1,337 billion. Operating profit was Rp 118 billion while net profit was Rp 10 billion.
Commenting on the result, Corporate Secretary of MAP, Fetty Kwartati said, “The cloud of macroeconomic issues has affected our business. Notwithstanding the impact on our bottomline, we remain focused on our strategy to deliver long term growth. We have invested to fix our foundation and new growth engines, including e-Commerce and CRM. This “investing for the future” strategy calls for sacrifice of some short term profitabillity in return for a stronger long term market position, impacting our investment costs and bottomline. MAP is currently in the midst of a transition from being a pure offline retailer to a multi-channel player. Our online business for lifestyle products should be up and running by the second half of 2015. We are hopeful that this venture – together with our other e-Commerce initiatives – will transform MAP into the leading omni-channel retailer in Indonesia.”
About PT Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk
As of March 2015, MAP operates 1,865 retail outlets in 65 major cities throughout Indonesia. The major retail concepts under the group among others:
- Sogo, Debenhams, Seibu and Galleries Lafayette.
- Zara, Marks & Spencer, Topman, Topshop, Next, Kipling, Lacoste, Nautica, Massimo Dutti, Staccato, DKNY, Crabtree & Evelyn, Swarovski, Zara Home and Sephora.
- Converse, Golf House, Payless ShoeSource, Oakley, Planet Sports, Reebok, Rockport, Skechers, Sports Station, The Athlete’s Foot and The Sports Warehouse.
- Starbucks, Burger King, Domino’s Pizza, Pizza Marzano, Krispy Kreme, Cold Stone Creamery Ice Cream, Godiva and Chatterbox.
- Kidz Station, Oshkosh B’Gosh, Barbie Boutique and Stride Rite.
- Kinokuniya and Alun Alun.
For more information about MAP please visit www.map-indonesia.com
For more information, please contact:
PT Mitra Adiperkasa Tbk
Wisma 46, 8th fl. – Kota BNI
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 1
Phone : 021 575 0755 (direct)
Fax : 021 574 0150
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org